Augusto Fernández had a complicated qualifying Saturday on the very fast Dutch track of Assen today.
After a good first contact yesterday, today Augusto and teammate Baldassarri wanted to continue with the good work started yesterday but have encountered complications in their work plan.
Augusto, who finished the last free session in second position, was able to fight for the top positions in the timed qualifiying, but a couple of scares in his attempt to find the fastest lap have prevented him from setting a good time. The time of 1:37.340 sees him start thirteenth, and despite the middling position, the Spaniard has a good pace and is confident to come back in the race.
Tomorrow, Sunday, the riders of the Moto2 class will start the race at 12:20, scheduled for 24 laps.
Augusto Fernández, 13th, 1: 37.340 (+0.768)
“It was difficult. I came out and I was strong and good but I had a couple of scares in turn fifteen that prevented me from setting a good lap. I was too aggressive and I battered the tire. If we have patience surely we will go back and we will reach the front group”.
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season