Augusto Fernández had a complicated qualifying Saturday on the very fast Dutch track of Assen today.
After a good first contact yesterday, today Augusto and teammate Baldassarri wanted to continue with the good work started yesterday but have encountered complications in their work plan.
Augusto, who finished the last free session in second position, was able to fight for the top positions in the timed qualifiying, but a couple of scares in his attempt to find the fastest lap have prevented him from setting a good time. The time of 1:37.340 sees him start thirteenth, and despite the middling position, the Spaniard has a good pace and is confident to come back in the race.
Tomorrow, Sunday, the riders of the Moto2 class will start the race at 12:20, scheduled for 24 laps.
Augusto Fernández, 13th, 1: 37.340 (+0.768)
“It was difficult. I came out and I was strong and good but I had a couple of scares in turn fifteen that prevented me from setting a good lap. I was too aggressive and I battered the tire. If we have patience surely we will go back and we will reach the front group”.
- Asymmetric front and rear tyres brought to Valencia
- 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup entry list revealed
- #2020: title contenders galore
- Nick Harris: Valencia vibes
- Time schedule: Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana
- Final showdown: MotoE™ back in action at Valencia
- Mastering ‘The Island’: The most spectacular setting
- Last stop Valencia: 2019 set to go out with a bang