The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders took on the 22-lap Dutch TT this Sunday, amidst high temperatures and stronger wind than in previous days. The race was won by Tony Aroblino.
Alonso Lopez gained ground after starting from 24th on the grid, crossing the line 10th to continue meeting his objective of consistent points scoring. Sergio Garcia Dols earned 15th, after an intense fight for places and having to complete a ‘long lap’ penalty.
Estrella Galicia 0,0 will be back on track on July 5th, for the first free practice for the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring.
“I gained a lot of places on the first lap and showed the true pace I had. On the following laps I got stuck somewhat with riders who were being very aggressive, as it was hard to overtake, but after the incident involving several riders crashing I managed to keep gaining positions without much difficulty. I’m satisfied with tenth place, because starting from 24th on the grid, our goal was to score points.”
“At the beginning of the race I was riding with the large front group, although I think the entire grid was. There was a lot of contact between riders, and I was hindered by that; when the group broke up, I lost contact, but was able to come back. However, after that we were given a long lap penalty and I lost a lot of ground. At least I have gained experience and scored points. The weekend has been positive, although I needed to manage things better in Q2.”
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season