The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders contested the latest race of the 2019 season on Sunday, after a warmup session held on a wet track due to overnight rain -which also lowered the temperature from previous days.
Alonso Lopez crashed out of the race on the opening lap, after a collision with another rider. The Spaniard suffered a dislocated right shoulder in the incident. Sergio Garcia Dols finished the 27-lap contest, won by Lorenzo Dalla Porta, in eleventh place.
The riders have a few weeks’ holiday following the German GP, before the second half of the season gets underway on August 2nd with the Czech Republic GP at Brno.
“I’m very happy with this race because, although it was very tough, we scored points again. Alonso’s crash hurt us a lot. I had to go off the track and come back on cautiously, in order to clean my tyres. I started to fight back and move my way up after that. I’m very happy to have got more points. Now we can rest up, before getting back to working to the fullest when the season resumes.”
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season