The second day of the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic has been marked by meteorology, with the rain making an intermittent presence and thus complicating the work of riders and teams.
After a good first contact yesterday, the FlexBox HP 40 riders faced the second day with the aim of confirming the good feelings, and both have succeeded.
It has been a positive day for Augusto Fernández although he expected more in the timed Qualifying. In the morning, the Spanish rider has placed himself again among the fastest in the category, third and in the afternoon he had the pace and speed to continue in the top positions, but a bad qualifying management has prevented him. It has been fast when the track was still wet and when he wanted to mount the slick tire he has not had time to leave. Despite this, the time of 2:13.431 gives him the tenth position and he is confident of making a good start and race.
Augusto Fernández, 10th, 2:13,431 (+6,644)
“We have mishandled the timed and tomorrow we leave from the tenth position. For wanting to ensure a good time in wet, when I wanted to use the slick has not given me time to leave. Even so, other races we have started worse and I have the rhythm to be ahead, so I’m confident to have a good race tomorrow.”
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar