Today proved a complicated Sunday of racing for the team led by Sito Pons in the Czech Republic.
After a good day of practice by Augusto Fernández and teammate Baldassarri, who started 10th and 3rd respectively, they did not find good feelings in the race.
Augusto, who was confident of starting well and wining positions, encountered difficulties in the first laps. Losing several positions, when he was able to set his pace and win positions the front group had already left. He finally crossed the finish line in eighth position, adding points and maintaining the third position in the general classification.
The FlexBox HP 40 riders will return to action next weekend with the Austrian Grand Prix, on August 9, 10 and 11.
Augusto Fernández, 8th, +11,900
“Very hard race. After the first laps I lost a lot of positions and it was hard for me to find a good pace and recover positions and I didn’t have much more than the other riders. I arrived eighth but I could not recover the distance with the group in front , which was the podium. The important thing is that in a bad race we continue to score points and we are third in the championship. Now it’s time to go to Austria.”
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar