The Estrella Galicia 0,0 rider finishes 15th after starting from the penultimate row of the grid. Rookie teammate Sergio Garcia Dols crosses the line 19th at Silverstone.
Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders Alonso Lopez and Sergio Garcia Dols were in action at the British Grand Prix race on Sunday at Silverstone.
Lopez finished 15th after making a race day comeback. García Dols would come home 19th, having ridden in the points-scoring spots for much of the contest.
The weather for the 17-lap race, won by Spanish rider Marcos Ramirez, was clear skies and temperatures of 48ºC on track.
Next up for the Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 duo is a visit to the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli on September 13th-15th, for the San Marino Grand Prix.
“It was a tough race. Starting further back on the grid hurt us, and cost us the chance to get into the first group. The gap between us and the riders who drove in the lead group put us in a second pack, in which there was very aggressive overtaking. I tried to escape from the second group, but again I lost my advantage on the straight. I had to fight a lot and in the end we got a point. Despite the result, we have worked very positively all weekend.”
“Although I did my best, I don’t think I had a good race. I started well on the first lap, but then I couldn’t move up positions. I was in the top ten or eleven, but couldn’t advance any further and was also losing positions. I took many risks every time I overtook someone. At least we have learned and gained experience from this race. Besides the race itself, I think we have had a good weekend.”
- Viñales fastest to turn the tables on Day 2
- Marquez heads Pol Espargaro mid-way through Day 2
- Avintia renew Ducati alliance to become satellite team
- Zarco "definitely a consideration" for Yamaha testing role
- Ciabatti gives bold thoughts on Petrucci and Miller rumours
- Valencia Test: Quartararo heads Yamaha trio after Day 1
- The Mike Hailwood of MotoGP™
- 2020 FIM MotoGP™ World Championship Provisional Entry Lists