Pleasant summer conditions graced the Silverstone Circuit for the twelfth round of 2019 MotoGP. The series faced a resurfaced and typically fast and challenging layout and from where three of the four Red Bull KTM RC16s lined up together on the fifth row of the grid.
Espargaro forced his way into contention for the top ten in the early phases, and once the race had settled after the fiery crash between Fabio Quartararo and Andrea Dovizioso on the first corner. Twenty long laps saw the Spaniard throttling the best of his works KTM RC16 in the tussle for sixth and he finished just over twenty-one seconds behind the gripping finale between Alex Rins and Marc Marquez. Only two seconds separated Espargaro from 6th spot.
“It was a difficult race and the temperatures were quite high at the end which made the track slippery, more than we expected, and I was struggling with the rear tyre. Anyway, we were in the group fighting for sixth and we should be happy. We took some good points and we are playing for the top ten in the championship. The bike is getting better and better and we are doing a good job to be competing with the Hondas and Ducatis. Misano next and it is not the easiest for me but I have been fast in the past. We have a test in a couple of days and we’ll see what we can do.”
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Photo gallery: Qatar Test Day 1
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit