Aleix Espargaró finished the GP of Misano in twelfth place, earning four championship points. Starting from the fifteenth spot on the grid, he lost a few positions at the start, but was able to recover, lapping consistently and also thanks to a few crashes by the riders ahead of him. The poor grip on the Italian circuit did not help the performance of the RS-GP and Aleix who, although managing to get close to the riders battling for the top ten, was unable to attack for better positions.
“It was a difficult race. I knew that I would struggle. The grip was extremely poor and in these conditions we are unable to give our best. Plus, I did not have the best start, losing a couple of positions straight away that I tried to recover in the early laps. Once I caught Zarco, my goal was to overtake him, but despite making up ground in the braking sections, the acceleration did not allow me to maintain a faster pace than his, so in the end I settled for twelfth.”
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar
- "We had more" – Miller's podium charge halted by grip issues
- Pedrosa, Smith and Pirro set for private tests
- Best photos: Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Quartararo: your 2019 Rookie of the Year
- Two down, one to go: Honda claim 2019 Constructor crown