Huge smiles abounded for the FlexBox HP 40 on Sunday racing at the San Marino Grand Prix.
After a good qualifying, Augusto Fernández started the race from third position. He made a good start, being in the first race group from the off. It was noted that Augusto had a little more pace today than his opponents and has tried to break the group in the first stages of the race, but seeing that it was not possible he has stayed behind in the second position.
It was not until the last lap that he went on the final attack and has managed to take the first position, in a great advance worthy of pilots with personality and character, taking their second consecutive victory and third of the season. With this victory, Augusto takes hold of the second position of the championship and cuts points to the leader, now being 26.
The Moto2 World Championship does not rest and the FlexBox HP 40 will visit Aragón next week, racing the fourteenth event of the season, on September 20, 21 and 22.
Augusto Fernández, 1st
“I’m very happy with another victory and this is important to start to cut points to the leader. At the beginning I tried to break the group but I saw that I had no more than the rest so I decided to wait and study my rivals until the end. I could take the first position and get the victory. I am very happy and I want to thank the team because they have done a good job all weekend and we must continue like this.”
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle
- Nepa cruises to virtual Moto3™ win at Silverstone
- "Veni, vidi, vici" - Silverstone is Lorenzo's Land again
- Lorenzo takes wildcard win at Virtual British Grand Prix
- Dani Pedrosa: zen soundbites
- "He's considering me as a rival" - Rins talks Marquez
- This Sunday on BT Sport: Rossi interview and a 2013 review
- Crutchlow: "Miller has the talent to beat Marc"