Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders, Alonso Lopez and Sergio Garcia Dols, took part in the Thai Grand Prix race at Buriram -the 15th round of the 2019 season- on Sunday
Lopez achieved his first podium in the World Championship by finishing the race in third position, whilst rookie Garcia Dols was 14th in a 22-lap contest won by Albert Arenas.
The warmup took place in the dry, and there were ambient and track temperatures of 31°C and 42°C, respectively, for the race itself.
Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 will be back on track on October 18th, for the first Free Practice sessions for the Japanese Grand Prix at Twin Ring Motegi.
“I was always in the Top 5, just like at Aragon. We needed to consolidate a good weekend with a good race, and finally we achieved that; it was something that we needed and I hope we continue this progression until the end of the season. The race was very difficult. Off the start I gained several places, then I dropped back a little, which is when I saw that crash involving multiple riders. From there, the race was somewhat easier, and I claimed our first podium. My team provided me with a bike that worked perfectly and I’m very grateful for their work to help me achieve this result. I dedicate this podium to my family and to all those who have supported me. It was an incredible race!”
“The race went well. I tried to reach the large front group, but then I was penalised with a long lap and a further 3 seconds at the end of the race. We’ve scored points again and that, in addition to confirming that we must never give up, has been the most positive aspect of the race.”
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar
- "We had more" – Miller's podium charge halted by grip issues
- Pedrosa, Smith and Pirro set for private tests
- Best photos: Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Quartararo: your 2019 Rookie of the Year
- Two down, one to go: Honda claim 2019 Constructor crown