The FlexBox HP 40 team faced race Sunday with the objective of fighting for the podium with Augusto Fernández and achieving a good comeback with his teammate Lorenzo Baldassarri, who started from the sixth and nineteenth position, respectively.
Augusto made a good start, maintaining his position and for much of the race closed the second group of four riders occupying the fifth position. The goal was to fight for the podium and cut points to the championship leader and that is largely what he managed. Fighting for third place until the last corner, Fernandez finally crossed the finish line in fourth position and getting two points closer. With this result, he is second in the overall standings.
The FlexBox HP 40 squad is already heading to Japan to play the next GP, on October 18, 19 and 20.
Augusto Fernández, 4th, +2.585
“I am happy with today’s result after a complicated weekend. Winning today was difficult but I did look a little better than the rest of the drivers of the second group, but maybe I have waited too long to attack. I’ve done everything in the last two laps and we’ve stayed very close. At the end of the quarter with the objective of cutting points to the leader. There is a lot left and we go for more in Japan.”
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle