The race of the Australian Grand Prix has just ended at the Phillip Island circuit. The Beta Up Speed team leaves the island after taking a fourth place with Jorge Navarro and a fourteenth place with Fabio Di Giannantonio. That definitely did not live up to expectations given by the pole position and the second row obtained in yesterday’s qualifying. Feeling problems for Navarro, who managed the race well giving the maximum until the last lap. Jorge once again confirms his competitiveness and with the thirteenth points taken with the fourth place he is back on fourth position of the world championship classification.
JORGE NAVARRO #9 – 4th
“Today the track conditions were definitely better than yesterday, much less wind and a milder temperature that made the Phillip Island race much more exciting. This morning in the warm up I didn’t have a great feeling and so we decided to make some changes before entering the grid which in part worked and allowed me to have a good race. We lacked something to stay ahead, but I’m still happy with the work we’ve done this weekend and today’s race; we made a good start, the first few laps very fast and then we gave 100% finishing in fourth position. So what to say, positive and with a great desire to arrive in Malaysia!”.
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"
- Di Meglio to continue with Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
- Zarco to Avintia: a gallery of the Frenchman's career
- Zarco joins Reale Avintia Racing for 2020
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts