The race of the Australian Grand Prix has just ended at the Phillip Island circuit. The Beta Up Speed team leaves the island after taking a fourth place with Jorge Navarro and a fourteenth place with Fabio Di Giannantonio. That definitely did not live up to expectations given by the pole position and the second row obtained in yesterday’s qualifying. Feeling problems for Navarro, who managed the race well giving the maximum until the last lap. Jorge once again confirms his competitiveness and with the thirteenth points taken with the fourth place he is back on fourth position of the world championship classification.
JORGE NAVARRO #9 – 4th
“Today the track conditions were definitely better than yesterday, much less wind and a milder temperature that made the Phillip Island race much more exciting. This morning in the warm up I didn’t have a great feeling and so we decided to make some changes before entering the grid which in part worked and allowed me to have a good race. We lacked something to stay ahead, but I’m still happy with the work we’ve done this weekend and today’s race; we made a good start, the first few laps very fast and then we gave 100% finishing in fourth position. So what to say, positive and with a great desire to arrive in Malaysia!”.
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?
- This is MotoGP™: a permanent revolution
- Rossi: "I feel good with the bike"
- Qatar Test confirms 2020 is set to be ultra competitive
- Viñales heads Yamaha top three lockout in Qatar
- All you need to know about the 2020 Pro Draft Selection
- Viñales leads Quartararo halfway through Day 3