The coronavirus pandemic is ongoing and has already resulted in one modification to the 2020 calendar for the FIM CEV Repsol: the postponement of the Algarve Round. Nevertheless, the FIM CEV Repsol has made an announcement to reaffirm that racing is its top priority in 2020.
They have stated that the Valencia Round set to be held from 23rd-24th May will be rescheduled, and the that they are making every effort to accommodate a new date in the season.
If an earlier date does not prove possible, the first Valencia Round races will be held on Saturday 7th November, on the same weekend as the last round on the FIM CEV Repsol calendar, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday 8th November as planned.
The number one focus remains on running the entire 2020 season. However, the organisers of the championship state that they will always act in line with health and safety advice from governments and relevant health authorities.
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle
- Nepa cruises to virtual Moto3™ win at Silverstone
- "Veni, vidi, vici" - Silverstone is Lorenzo's Land again
- Lorenzo takes wildcard win at Virtual British Grand Prix
- Dani Pedrosa: zen soundbites
- "He's considering me as a rival" - Rins talks Marquez
- This Sunday on BT Sport: Rossi interview and a 2013 review